Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Changes

Life is moving forward here in Estes Park.  Notice I said Estes Park.  On the first of September, I  moved into a rented condo here, sold preschool and for the time being I am pretending to be retired.  In the last week or two, I have actually had time to catch my breath.  Sounds good, but it also means I have time to think and that can often lead to boo hoos as the girls and I call it.  After which I blow my nose, wipe my eyes and continue on.  I keep reminding myself that I have too many things to be thankful for and feeling sorry for myself is not a good response to grace.

After thirty years of living in the woods a.k.a. Highlands Camp, I am learning how to live with people in a close neighborhood. That includes developing a thick skin when the rule keeper in the neighborhood complains weekly that my visitors are parking in the wrong area.  The grocery store, bank and library are only a few miles away and I can even ride my bike if I feel like it.  I actually have the time to explore EP, when before I just wanted to get back up the mountain as quick as I could.

All in all, I am doing okay.  I  look forward to going to Honduras the first of the year and I'm thinking about a trip to California to see my Dad in the near future.  The girls and I (with the support of the boys) keep each other grounded and Skyping with the Honduras family keeps a smile on my face (how can you be sad when you hear a little boy yelling, "Nana!" at you through the computer?  They have been terrific through all this and I couldn't do it without them.
Thunder Lake 9/29/12

1 comment:

  1. Sue, I am glad you posted on your blog. It was good to see you today. Please call me if you want to hike or just go have coffee.

    ReplyDelete