Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nana Time

We had a great visit to Honduras.  I can't begin to tell you how special it was to hold that sweet little bundle of joy and to see our first born and her husband as parents.  I have joined the ranks of grandparents who think they have the most wonderful grandchildren who ever set foot on this planet. I mean it when I say it was a privilege to do things like change diapers, walk the floor with a fussy baby (until my back ached), wash dishes in cold water and get up several times in the night to keep Anna company while she nursed Guillermo David.

Memories of young motherhood long ago came flooding back, but also the perspective that comes with age.  You can't wait until they start sleeping through the night or get out of diapers, but in the blink of an eye they are graduating from high school and striking out on their own.  My advice is to enjoy every minute, every season that life has to offer. 

Guillermo David Jimenez Strom
Adoring Parents
Our sweet nieto (grandson)
The parents, the grandparents & the great grandparents

No comments:

Post a Comment