Saturday, January 15, 2011

Baby G


  Snapshot from Skype

We got the call before six, on Friday morning letting us know that they were off to the hospital to have a baby.  The funny thing is that when Dave woke up around four, he asked me what the date was today and I told him the 14th.  I asked why he needed to know that and he said, "Because if I have a grandson born today, I need to know what the date is, so I can remember it". Premonition?

The "Aunts to Be" and I went to work and waited impatiently for the phone to ring.  It did, but it was never Tegucigalpa.  Around 10 we got a text that said she was 6 or 7 cm dilated and everything was fine.  Finally when I was in the grocery store parking lot getting ready to go in and shop around 1:30, Anna called and said, "He came about an hour ago and everything went well". Since there was no internet at the hospital, there would be no pictures for awhile.  I confess it took me several tries to get into the store.  First I forgot my keys, then I forgot my list - I was in la la land.

That afternoon when I got home I couldn't stand it any longer and I got online and bought a calling card for Honduras and called Guillermo's cell phone.  Normally we use Skype, but that doesn't work when you don't have internet access. He answered and we talked for a minute when all of a sudden in the background, I hear a loud and long cry.  That's all it took, I broke down and blubbered.  I guess I didn't expect to hear him since I couldn't see him.  Talk about turning Nana into mush. 

Welcome
Guillermo David Jimenez
Born
January 14, 2011
at
1:50pm

52cm
(20 1/2in.)

7lbs 2oz.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to ALL of you! How exciting! Keep us updated with pictures!

    ReplyDelete